- San Francisco, CA, US
- Remote work
- Remote Work Not Allowed
- Job posting date
- Company description
If change means solving one of the biggest challenges of our time by reinventing the way millions of people power their homes with affordable clean energy, then we say bring it on.
At Sunrun, we believe that running everything isn't just smart, it's brilliant. We’re doing the single most important thing we can–reinventing how homeowners get energy. It doesn’t hurt that we’re helping the planet, kick starting the economy and having fun while doing it.
In 2007, Sunrun co-Founders Ed Fenster and Lynn Jurich set out to solve an important problem–the future of energy–by making home solar mainstream. Upfront cost was a huge barrier to home solar adoption, so they invented a way to remove it. In this pioneering model known as solar service, Sunrun allows homeowners to pay for the power, not the panels. This means Sunrun owns, maintains and monitors the system while homeowners pay for the electricity it produces at a low, locked-in rate–saving them money over time. Simply put, Sunrun makes solar easy and affordable.
With high-quality solar service in 12 U.S. states, we’re the nation’s largest dedicated residential solar provider. Each business day we put $2 million worth of solar onto people’s roofs and facilitate one solar installation every 10 minutes. Our network of over 30 leading solar installers employs more than 3,000 people
- Job Description
- 5+ years product experience delivering highly successful consumer internet, mobile and/or SaaS products
- Experience with one or more of the following is required: Smart Home, Connected Home, Internet of Things (IoT), Demand Response, Home Automation, Battery Storage, Grid Services
- Strong tech chops and familiarity with high-level communication protocols (Zigbee, WPAN), Mesh Networks, Cloud Computing, API Architecture and Big Data is required
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Top-notch at market research: You know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you’re great at integrating insights into your software strategy.
- Focus on execution: You’re biased toward action, a great collaborator and communicator. You’re able to rally an entire organization on a common vision.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
- Required skills
Director of Product Management, Energy Management
Who We Are:
Sunrun is on a mission to make clean energy affordable for all. We help people upgrade their home to clean and smart energy without the big upfront costs.
If change means solving one of the biggest challenges of our time by reinventing the way people power their homes, then we say bring it on. It doesn’t hurt that we’re providing consumer choice, reducing carbon emissions, disrupting a 100 year old industry, and having fun while doing it.
About Sunrun Engineering and Product Management:
We're hiring world-class talent to help our software platform keep up with daunting growth rates. Want to work on massively scalable consumer systems? Re-invent how consumers use and buy energy? Have a measurable impact on one of humanity’s biggest challenges? Come to Sunrun. You'll work alongside passionate product managers and software engineers engaged in the design and development of a product that is changing the world.
- Define and execute on the software strategy to bring home energy management to consumers
- Play a highly strategic and influential role at the intersection of product management, product marketing, business development and software engineering
- Develop partnerships with other players in the market to create an ecosystem of interconnected energy-related devices and services
- Launch capabilities to manage a fleet of solar installations and energy devices and harness hundreds of millions of data records from one of the largest distributed grid
This role involves both hands-on high impact individual contribution and management of a world-class team
Base Salary plus Bonus
Medical, Dental Vision