- New York, NY, United States
- Job posting date
- Company description
Since 2005, Yodle has grown to 1,400+ employees, and we’re not slowing down. With an unmatched combination of rapidly-developing technology, thoughtful data analysis, and expert levels of service, we make online marketing accessible to local businesses.
Everyone at Yodle plays a pivotal role in the company’s overall success. Here, there’s no such thing as slipping through the cracks. We’ve maintained our startup culture for a reason: to create an environment where you can own your ideas and run with them, no matter where you happen to fall on the org chart.
- Job Description
Web.com helps local businesses to find and keep their customers simply and profitably. As an Associate Product Manager you will be blazing trails at a fast growing company, helping to build one of America’s strongest online brands dedicated to helping small businesses (SMBs) acquire and retain customers. You will be making an impact on our economy by making a big difference for the “small guy” at scale.
SMBs today know the importance of being ‘online’, but don’t have the time or expertise to stay abreast of what that should look like in today’s ever-changing tech and marketing environment. Your job is to be the expert that defines the optimal solution (be it websites, photos, social presence, online reviews, and more), and work with your engineering and UX counterparts to make that vision a reality, helping thousands of small businesses across dozens of verticals.
• Your primary responsibility will be for the overall success of our product line as well as setting and executing its strategy.
• To form that strategy, you will gather information from a variety of sources: customer research, market and sales data, our 10M records prospect database, internal customer’s website traffic patterns, user behavior, competitive market analysis, etc.
• Our product managers are leaders. You’ll work with leadership to align the company around your product strategy, roadmap and milestones. You’ll oversee major cross-functional efforts that pull together team members from such departments as sales, service, finance, marketing, and more.
• As the leader, you’ll integrate plans into and drive execution to a comprehensive release schedule.
• We believe that collaboration is the key to great product development, which means you will work closely with our engineering and UX leadership to keep our fast-paced, iterative agile software development operation humming and producing lots of valuable, quality software.
• You’ll join a dynamic team of product managers and interact with them in developing product management best practices and coordinating efforts.
- Required skills
• One year of experience in online and/or software product management roles preferred but not required.
• Demonstrated strong business judgment.
• Experience working directly with Software Engineering teams in an agile environment preferred.
• Experience with managing the integration of third party SaaS or on-premise applications.
• Strong project management and execution skills.
• Strong skills in data analysis and interpretation.
• Experience in and comfort with formal customer research.
• Expertise in assessing and interpreting market trends.
• Ability to effectively gather requirements, digging beyond requests to get to needs.
• Strong consensus- and relationship-building skills, with experience marshaling resources across an organization.
• Ability to quickly grasp concepts and solve complex problems.
• An intellectual approach to problem solving that welcomes debate without posturing in the pursuit of the best answer.
• Strong technical background
• Experience working with consumer facing or SMB products preferred
• Experience working with website and/or content management systems preferred
- Not specified