Since 2005, Yodle has grown to 1,400+ employees, and we’re not slowing down. With an unmatched combination of rapidly-developing technology, thoughtful data analysis, and expert levels of service, we make online marketing accessible to local businesses.
Everyone at Yodle plays a pivotal role in the company’s overall success. Here, there’s no such thing as slipping through the cracks. We’ve maintained our startup culture for a reason: to create an environment where you can own your ideas and run with them, no matter where you happen to fall on the org chart.
We use cutting-edge technology to give nimble business owners a competitive advantage in their customer interactions. We work on a broad range of business initiatives and objectives by leveraging a wide set of technologies and tools. Our tech stack is based on Java, Angular, Play, and Scala. Our purpose-built applications are designed as microservices and integrate with technologies such as Kafka, Storm, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, and Redis. We have a leading-edge continuous deployment pipeline that leverages Mesos, Docker, Marathon, Puppet, and Bamboo to provide rapid on-demand releases. Our developers, product managers and business representatives work in an agile process to efficiently deliver high value solutions to our small business customers.
A great engineer is:
- Interested in solving challenging business problems with elegant software.
- Well-versed in software engineering principles and system design.
- A top-notch developer who enjoys building software products and quickly seeing how they work in the real world.
- Someone who enjoys working on a team of inspired, interesting and super-smart engineers.
- Excited to contribute in a rapidly growing and successful software company.
- You find passion in helping small businesses compete with the big guys.
- You’re kind of a data nerd and enjoy tracking and measuring performance to figure out ways to improve (and to find interesting patterns).
- You know how to have fun while you work.
What you’ll do:
- Work on everything from backend, user-interface, and content management to messaging, database systems, and web services. You’ll design, code, test and run the systems.
- Solve complex and challenging business problems with cutting edge technologies.
- Innovate. We constantly improve our core products and turn a prescient eye to the industry.
- Mentor Junior Engineers in best practices
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Lead Technical Trainings
- Assist in the recruiting process