- Little Rock, AR, US
- Remote work
- Remote Work Allowed
- Not specified
- Job posting date
- Company description
First Orion is an industry-leading call protection and data provider, developing software and services to enable our customers to take complete control over their telecommunications, powered by world-class data and technology solutions. Our applications and in-network services provide call and text blocking, spam and robocall blocking, caller identification, directory assistance and complaint filing with regulatory agencies in US and abroad. With our help, customers have blocked over 200 million numbers and continue to file over 300,000 complaints monthly against offending callers directly to federal agencies. First Orion provides solutions to some of the largest mobile service process in the world and features leading brands in the communication industry including PrivacyStar and Accudata with offices in Washington, Arkansas, Texas and London, England.
- Job Description
First Orion is seeking a talented engineer to join a leading mobile software vendor in the User Experience Architecture Group. This business group is responsible for providing all the mobile software on users’ handsets and the back-end parts of the SOA-based data solutions and services, enabling the mobile application to communicate with the various carrier network services, backend data providers and workflows. The engineer will design, develop and maintain Android-based solutions, work directly with OEMs on the latest software and firmware and ensure high level of user satisfaction by creating a great user experience with the mobile application.
• Develop innovative and user-friendly user interface and help enhance user experience for the PrivacyStar suite of applications
• Help identify, fix or improve current solutions using cutting edge mobile technologies and Android OS facilities and frameworks
• Work with the rest of the development team to ensure the best end-to-end user experience
• Help define the future of PrivacyStar applications by building innovative approaches to business problems on mobile devices
• Work with the backend development team to ensure the most efficient use of the backend APIs as well as help shape the new lightweight APIs and Web Services to work with the Android UX
• Participate in Continuous Integration, Code Coverage and App Store release process, as well as other parts of the Application Development Lifecycle to ensure high quality and agility of the software development process
- Required skills
• Strong working knowledge of C++, Java, C# or Objective-C. If you know some other OOP language, that’s a plus
• Software development and debugging skills
• Knowledge of basic networking principles behind World Wide Web. Most of our products are web-connected
• Basic to advanced knowledge of HTML and Web Page development. We rely on these technologies a lot
Nice to have skills
• Working knowledge of app development on Android or IOS platform
• Ability to create engaging user interfaces and knowledge of usability principles
• Experience developing user-facing applications
• Experience in graphics manipulation or design
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
If you are a match
We’ll make sure to give you plenty of opportunities to learn new technologies and acquire new skills. You’ll be able to get a first-hand experience of what other customers think about your product—no filters applied. You’ll get to learn about mobile telephony and work directly with OEMs making the mobile handsets, carriers providing the service and other partners we have—all working together to deliver a solution to the consumers. You’ll see real-time statistics and know the impact your work is making on the company and its future. You’ll work with very experienced and capable leaders.
We offer a competitive salary, full benefit package that includes matching 401(k), and an open paid time off policy. We provide an energetic, focused, and collaborative work environment. At First Orion we empower our employees. And we have created a unique culture so that our employees can be passionate about what they are doing. Everyone is a part of the big picture.
First Orion is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.